Easy recipe for Doughnuts with Chocolate glaze. They are baked, not fried and categorized into easy baking and healthy eating. Yum!
Chef in Frame marks its First Anniversary this month. Oh boy, time is running extremely fast and I can not believe a year have just gone by. I started this blog on Nov, 2013 for organizing and documenting the recipes I baked or cooked in spare time after graduation. I could never imagine to reach at that point where I'm today, never ever in my wild imagination. This one year of blogging ride has been huge blessing for me - in the form of amazing people abundance with extraordinary talent and love, in the form of learning to be a better cook, baker, photographer and to be a good writer, (which I'm not, sadly) in the form of adventure which I could never imagine myself to be in, its just happen as I search my passion and take it to the next level. However, what make this journey all the more enjoyable is that I can share my food love with loyal readers like you and you can get something to try and cheer with your love once.
Eh, look at these pearls in dark! and flying fire candle!
And keep your eyes on this site as I'm giving away some pretty cool thing(s) this coming week.
At the end, to make this event more epic, I've got some doughnuts to share with you all. They're baked, not fried and are quite healthy than deep fried once as it cut down giant amount of calories added in oil. Need two mixing bowls, no electric mixer, simple ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to give this cute little things their edible life. You can opt in your favorite glaze to go with them, maple glaze, chocolate glaze, sugar glazed, nutella to name a few. But they still be moist and flavorful as they are and will be your anytime yummy healthy snack.
make 12 mini doughnuts
- 2 tablespoons oil/melted ghee
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (slightly beaten, large)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar (superfine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (organic)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mini doughnut pan. (12 doughnut cups)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients with a whisker (oil, milk, yogurt, vanilla, egg)
- In another mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold them gently to incorporate.
- Using piping bag (which make easy to fill in the cavity pan) fill the mini doughnuts cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- let them sit to cool down, in the meantime prepare the glaze.
- Mix all the the ingredients together with a spoon to make glaze.
- dunk naked doughnut over the glaze.
- Sprinkle it up.