Classic or say Basic Banana Cupcakes with glossy frosting over it, made with yogurt and fresh cream as core ingredients.
Following by my back days, lets say the week which had gone by, was just disturbing, tough and cluttered. Nothing was going as I wanted it to be. Hard enough to survive in illness while fasting. I've been the target of weakness since 1st of Ramadan, but Merci on Dr who gave some genius calcium/vitamins kinda tablets that worked great. But nothing I could enjoy more and now Wisdom Tooth have attacked me. Pain is at its peak, I can't talk, neither can bite the food nor I'm able to open the mouth for my own big bite. Sigh. I am almost living off on liquid stuffs. Thanks God that Tea is liquid. Well, It have become hard to keep my head above water. Seriously I don't need that kind of WISDOM right now. Hoping to be all this clutter end before Eid.
Speaking of Eid, I'm sharing special Eid Cupcakes recipe today. That's right, they're Eid cupcakes. I have already planned to bake Cupcakes this Eid but I baked them early to share with you, so that you could also enjoy this tempting treat with your family at pleasant aura of Eid festival.
I used the most common cupcake recipe enhance with bananas, while for frosting I tried the trick which Amira used in her fruit cake recipe. I was in doubt with this frosting lately ever since I saw it. But its result blown me away with the flavor and intensity of lightness in it. (Amira, I'm impressed. JazakAllah) I didn't use entirely same method as Amira did, mostly because of Youtube being banned here and she shared a video version of her recipe. So I directly ask her in comment for what exactly the variation of frosting is and here it is my successful frosting experience. I also sprinkled brown sugar to add little something extra but un-sprinkles are also beautiful.
Before you jump over Recipe, let me hug and wish Happy Eid to all the Muslims reader here. (In advance) May Allah send His Love like Sunshine on you all on this auspicious occasion of Eid ul-Fitr. Ameen!
make dozen cupcakes
- 100g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbs baking powder, sifted
- 250ml milk
- 1 large mashed, very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup cream (I used fresh, chilled)
- 1/4 cup sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (Greek)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together. Alternately fold the flour mix and milk/mashed banana into the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out cleanly. Cool.
- Beat cream and sugar until fluffy.
- In another bowl beat yogurt well.
- Add yogurt in the cream, beat well.
- Place the bowl in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, add vanilla and beat for 1 or 2 minutes. Done.
- Pour frosting into the piping bag and decorate cool cupcakes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar.
This Recipe is specially shared at Eid Eat Virtual Party hosted be gorgeous ladies, Asiya from Chocolate & Chillies and Sarah from Flour & Spice. Make your visit there and enjoy some tempting recipes they are sharing with love.