Comforting Rice and Tomato Soup Recipe from Jordan that delight up your winter season.
It's time for MENA again, which mean we have to travel through Middle Eastern/North African countries and experience taste buds of their delicious cuisines, that to being in our messy kitchen.. It is the turn of Jordan this month and I'm choosing this easy and comforting soup to cook and share. Thank you Evelyn for hosting this time!
This soup is best remedy for cold, full of vitamins and easy to prepare while your heavy schedule going on, on the way. Bright flavor of the fresh tomatoes along with the hint of cinnamon and garlic and soft rice on side is what give you the comforting treat in this winter without being ponderous. I added some lemon juice for the kick and it did the fine job to add twist in it, feel free to add lemon as you like or even sprinkle additional pepper over the hot soup. It will be hearty anyway!
moderated from here.
- 1/3 cup rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled/chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- lemon (optional)
- Wash rice until water come out clean, fill it with enough water to cover all the rice and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt the butter then fry in the onions until mild, over medium heat.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato ketchup, black pepper, cinnamon powder, salt and 1-1/2 liters of water. let them heat until begin to bowl.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes with lid on.
- Add in the rice and check if you need to add more water and let it to for half an hour or so.
- Serve hot.