Seasoned Pro Responsive Minimalist Food Blog Theme

The Best Banana Bread

Crowd-pleasing recipe for Banana Bread. One of the best banana bread I put my hands on with one of the easiest recipe, adopted from Paul Hollywood's 'How To Bake' mini cookbook.

The Best Banana Bread Recipe by Paul Hollywood

I have severe flu, headache and sore throat as I'm writing this recipe post. Thing is, Karachi weather don't stay serious ever. Sigh! This freezing temperature is killing my bones with pain, cold pain. And I'm craving for a cozy cup of Hot Chocolate (yes, pass please) but I'm living on a glass size mug of hot Tea instead, which is a blessing, strong and comforting! All praise belongs to God!


The Best Banana Bread Recipe by Paul Hollywood

I was asked by a reader for banana bread recipe. Since then I was baking breads and trying to adjust and getting it right, to make it soft and filling it with more texture and flavor, without letting it being too sugary-sweet. And finally I found the real banana bread. This recipe is a keeper, the keeper for life, my friends! This bread is a powerhouse of great flavor that everyone will comeback to you for a second slice or third or fourth maybe. Adopted from Paul's cookbook, which I happen to get my hand on from Sunday Bazar. It is fill with common, easiest and sweetest recipes. I have yet to explore more treats, so far so I'm getting good result with this bread, baked many times and it took few minutes to finish this whole bread in a Tea time.

As from original recipe I did few changes according to my family needs. First my father don't eat nutty bread or even dessert, so I have to omit walnuts. (you feel free to add any nuts you like) Second, I adjusted the amount of sugar and flour from 250g to 1 cup (a bit less) Third and last, there's butter which I decrease by 25g. That way the recipe will adjust accordingly and never fail to satisfy your sweet tooth craving in a bit healthy way!

The Best Banana Bread Recipe by Paul Hollywood

Ingredients:
Moderated from Paul's recipe.
  • 4 medium over ripped bananas
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 100g unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup plain flour (all-purpose)
  • 2 tsp baking powder

Method:
  1. Pre-heat your oven to 190C and prepare 1 kg loaf tin by greasing it and lining parchment paper.
  2. In a mixing bowl cream together bananas and sugar until creamy.
  3. Add butter and beat until completely incorporate.
  4. Add in eggs, one at a time. beat well.
  5. Lastly, through sifter add in flour and baking powder together, fold carefully. Avoid over mixing.
  6. Transfer the prepared bread batter into prepared loaf tin.
  7. Bake for 35-40 minutes. There should be no batter in the skewer when inserted in the center of the bread.
ENJOY!

Love Bananas? DON'T forget to check Banana Cupcakes and Banana Fritters recipe!
Cook'd Pro Responsive Minimalist Food Blog Theme