Homemade puff Patties filled with delicious mashed Potatoes. Easy recipe to try at home.
Time is running its own marathon without leaving for us a trace, along the way we are quite busy in our life-chores that we haven't got any time to realise the fact about where life has brought us in those few years. Tell you what, I wanna be a kid again, whose only satisfaction lied in buying toffee, biscuits, chips.. playing with kids and fighting with them until she didn't win.. I can bet that phase of time was kind of amazing. The only things I worried about was my pocket-money and exams. There's no such things now. Time has changed so much that even I can’t believe it myself.
So, when mom bought the ready-made puff pastry dough, I couldn't think of any other thing to make with it, except that my favourite Patties. I wasn't sure that it turned out exactly the one I used to have in hyd. The result was amazing.. tenderly, crispy yet buttery layers - trick is to use absolutely fresh dough in the process of making this baby. As such, there's always the homemade solution available. You can make your own puff pastry dough too. In case you do I suggest you to check Aiza's recipe. It look quite easy and crispy.
makes 6 to 7 Patties
- 2 potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 2-3 cup Water
- 100 g pastry dough
- 1 egg yolk (slightly beaten)
- Place all the ingredients into a pot, (except dough and yolk) let it bowl until potatoes completely softened/cooked and water absorbed.
- Mashed the potatoes-mixture up.
- Pre-heat oven 425 F - 200 C.
- Divide dough into 7 balls.
- Roll each ball in 1" thick, 3'' rectangles.
- Wet edges, place 1 tbsp of potatoes mixture and fold over in log. Press to seal.
- Brush top with egg yolk and bake in a hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also enjoy: